The T.O.V.A. 9.1 requires a computer that has:
- Intel or AMD x86-64 processor running at 1 GHz or better
- 2 GB of RAM memory
- 2 GB hard drive space free
- USB Type A port (or Type C with an adapter)
- 10″ or larger display that supports 1024 x 768 resolution or greater
- Windows 7, 8, 10, or 11 (11 SE is not supported.)
- NOTE: Windows in “S mode” must be switched to run the T.O.V.A.
- Any Mac running Mac OS X 10.8.5 or newer
- NOTE: macOS 10.15 (Catalina) or newer may need extra steps during installation.
- Always plug into a power outlet during testing.
The T.O.V.A. is NOT currently compatible with ChromeBooks, iPads, or Android devices.
Precision Test Environment (PTE) Setup Requirements
NOTE: 2018 Macs, 2020 PCs, and newer will probably not work with the current T.O.V.A. PTE.
The PTE setup is simpler, without external monitor or speakers.
- Testing requires rebooting your computer.
- Some computers may need a T.O.V.A. boot CD or flash drive.
- Some wireless keyboards or mice may not be supported.
External Audio/Video (EAV) Setup Requirements
The EAV setup allows testing without rebooting your computer.
- Requires an external VGA monitor, as on a desktop computer
- Must natively support standard VGA resolutions
- Requires external speakers with a standard 3.5 mm stereo plug for the auditory T.O.V.A. test
- A VGA adapter (not included) may be required. See the EAV page for details.
- Disable Sleep/Standby mode to avoid test failure.